(Resin Bonded & Resin Bound Surfacing)
We deliver innovative products and processes that provide durable, high performance, cost-effective safety and/or aesthetic surfacing solutions.
All our decorative surfacing products are installed to our ISO 9001 QMS or Proprietary Specification. Our specially trained contracting crews use the latest modern machinery and techniques to lay these surface treatments.
We offer a range of hard-wearing, low maintenance Resin Bonded & Resin Bound Decorative Surfacing for unique schemes. We guide clients with our expertise & offer specialist advice to ensure an optimal installation.
To discuss any of our solutions, please contact:
- N.I. Paul McBride email@example.com 028 7032 1100
- R.O.I John Cagney firstname.lastname@example.org 00353 86859 5227
Our Resin decorative surfacing materials comprise of various grades of aggregate:
with one of the following resins:
- Methyl Methacrylate (MMA)
We supply and lay two principle systems:
Resin bonded systems
- Consists of a thin membrane of resin, dressed with a scatter-coat of a selected aggregate.
- The overall depth is of the largest chosen aggregate (typically 1 to 5mm deep).
- Provides an attractive impervious gravel-like finish, without the burden of loose stone.
- More economic than resin bound.
- The laying season is April to September, pending ground temperature, cold-wet weather, and dew in the air. Resin is sensitive to moisture before curing.
- Recommended for application to hot rolled asphalt for optimal results.
- Sealing pre-treatment works allows application to SMA & asphalt concrete/macadam, and a suitably brush finished concrete requires a primer.
Supply and lay Cold Applied Resin Bonded Decorative Surfacing with 1-3mm Natural Buff Aggregate Dressing.
Resin bound systems
- Consists of resin mixed with a selected aggregate, then float finished to approximately three times the depth of the aggregate used (typically 12 to 40mm; usually 18mm deep for most applications).
- Provides an attractive porous surface with a smoother finish in comparison to resin bonded.
- Properties allow the use of this system for a compliant SuDS surface and Tree Pit surrounds.
- Its laying season is March to October, pending ground temperature & cold-wet weather.
- It is not as constrained as the bonded system regarding the underlying substrate required if structurally sound.
Supply and lay 18mm deep Resin Bound Decorative Surfacing of 2-5mm Natural Buff Aggregate.
We lay these extremely durable, non-slip, and aesthetically pleasing systems on:
- pedestrian precincts
- landscaping schemes
- car parks
To complement each other, the Resin and/or aggregate can be pigmented.
A wide range of aggregate colour is available to highlight, contrast or complement specific features.
One of Northern Ireland's largest extractors of quarry products
For further information, please contact us
Tel: 028 7032 1100