Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Northstone Materials is committed to the ongoing and sustained improvement in its health, safety and environmental performance and therefore we seek to recruit a Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor.
This role will be based at Toomebridge, but the successful candidate will be required to travel to different sites across NI when needed.
The successful individual will work closely with the Health, Safety and Environmental team to achieve continual improvement of company HSE standards and achieve Divisional targets.
Responsibilities of the Role
Undertaking regular health, safety and environmental inspections and audits of production locations and contract sites.
Investigating and reporting on incidents and dangerous occurrences, ill health and safety observations.
Advising and assisting employees on all aspects of health, safety and environmental management and legislation.
Delivering health, safety and environmental training as required & implement the company’s Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) improvement plan.
Submitting suitable and sufficient responses to tender pre-qualification and related quality submissions.
Preparation and presenting relevant monthly HSE reports and accident statistics to management.
Working closely with the Head of HSE and Divisional H&S Director on all aspects of health, safety and environmental management within the division.
Support management teams in developing and implementing construction phase health and safety plans, health and safety standards and related operating procedures
Continued improvement of company Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
Lead health & safety meetings and project teams, to develop company best practise.
Continuous promotion of a positive Health, Safety & Environmental ethos and culture among employees and subcontractors.
Representing the HSE department and company at industry meetings, forums and external audits.
- Have a NEBOSH Certificate and be willing to achieve NEBOSH Diploma.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in an operational health and safety role.
- Educated to degree standard. Consideration will be given to suitably experienced applicants who are not graduates.
- Have experience of construction, materials production or other manufacturing.
- Have experience of completing Tender submissions and Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Be a member of IOSH preferably a Chartered Member.
- Have experience of Environmental Management.
- Applicants with a civil engineering background will also be welcomed if they can demonstrate knowledge and experience of health and safety in a construction environment.
Hours of Work
- Hours of work Mon-Fri: 8.30am-5pm
- Health Cash Plan
- 34 days holiday per annum
- Pension Scheme with Company contribution
- CRH Share Scheme
Please forward all CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date will be 23/09/2021